Welcome to Community Lives Consortium Members Page
When agencies join our Alliance we ask them a number of questions so they can tell us all about the things that they are interested in and want to contribute to the Alliance.
You can get a lot more information about Community Lives Consortium at their website at www.communitylives.co.uk
What does Community Lives Consortium do to support people in Wales?
- Community Lives Consortium exists to support people who need support to live successful lives in the communities of Swansea and Neath Port Talbot.
Currently we support about 230 people who have learning disabilities who need help to stay safe, healthy and actively involved with friends, family and the community around them.
- We have a staff team of about 630 people and can provide a range of support and assistance with things like personal support, managing money, using technology to stay independent, person centred thinking, help where personal behaviours may be a barrier to successful community living, and increasingly developing community.
- We are a social enterprise and are made up of members who are the people we support, family members, staff, and members of the public. These people are all represented in our Board of Management and more widely in the management of our Consortium.
- Although we work locally in South West Wales we are very active in promoting good practice and sharing ideas across Wales we think that this is especially important now in these difficult financial times.
- We are working on Citizen Directed Support very actively as a Consortium. We are using system thinking to make our services as person centred and efficient as they can be. We are also exploring how Timebanking can help people build stronger communities with others around them.
What does Community Lives Consortium want from the Alliance for it to be successful for them?
- We want the Alliance to become a place where citizens, professionals from government, voluntary and ‘for profit’ agencies can work together openly and as equals.
- We want the Alliance to become a useful ‘think and do’ tank, where good ideas can turn into action by people forming groups to try new ideas out together.
- We want the Alliance to become a source of solid reliable information about things that are happening in and beyond Wales.
What can Community Lives Consortium offer in terms of time, enthusiasm, expertise, and resources to supporting the development of Citizen Directed Support across Wales?
- We will provide support to maintain and develop the website and other web tools that the Alliance uses.
- We will provide some admin support to help organise Alliance Council and members meetings.
- We will support Rick Wilson our Chief Executive to act as a Council Member of the Alliance and for him to convene the Members Open Space meetings as they develop.
- We will actively share information about the work that we are doing about Citizen Directed Support through the Members meetings and using the Alliance website.
Things Community Lives Consortium is interested in
- Direct Payments and Individual Budgets
- Person Centred Thinking
- Building Communities
- User led services
- Working with outcomes
- Using technology
- Recruiting personal assistants